Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Corliss Nelson Woodworks

Quite simply, I love working with wood. Over the years I have built many wood projects including book cases, large cabinets occasional tables, picture frames, benches, side tables, etc. I have repaired/restored many items including antique furniture as early as the 1800's including ladder back, spindle back and upholstered chairs, dressers, foot stools and other miscellaneous items. I have done a significant amount of wood turnings of goblets, plates, bowls, spindles, legs and other turned items.

I have a special interest in restoring broken furniture. I love returning old broken items destined for the dumps to their original function and beauty. In order to do effective restoration work I have gathered a full compliment of woodworking tools. As any serious woodworker would tell you, "I don't have them all, but I'm working on it!"

I take special pride in making invisible repairs. This means that when you look at an item I have restored, your eye should not be drawn to the repair. Close inspection could reveal the repair but casual observation should never see it. That is what I strive to accomplish.

I will display items I have repaired on this blog for your perusal. I hope you will trust your future repairs to Corliss Nelson Woodworks in the Nashville, TN area.

No comments: