Friday, July 07, 2006

I've Been Building a Violin


I have this friend. I will call him Fred. He is a second generation woodworker from Germany. He is a wonderful man with great skill in woodworking. I wish I could go into more detail but I don't have permission to reveal his identity. I went to have dinner at his home one weekend and played the violin for his family. I learned that his father, who also was a woodworker in Germany, had made violins. Fred called me not long afterwards and mentioned that since I was a woodworker and played the violin, I should make a violin. I told him I had thought about it before but not seriously. Anyway, to make a long story short. I pondered on his idea for almost a year and finally decided to begin a violin. I'm progressing slowly. I am enjoying this effort very much. I thought I would share with you a picture of the progress. I will update you on my progress, occasionally.

No comments: